Portals & Tableau Server Requirements
The InterWorks Tableau Portal is compatible with both Tableau Server and Tableau Online
The information on this page only pertains to InterWorks installing a portal on your server. If you don't want to mess with any of these pesky details, we'll be happy to host it on our servers for you!
- Stand-alone Web Server (Recommended)
- Linux (Preferred) or Windows Server
- At least 2 CPU, 4GB RAM, ~20GB of Disk Space
- (If using Windows Server, 4 CPU/8 GB RAM)
- Web Server port open (usually 80 or 443)
Third Party Software
If administrator access is available, installation will include this software setup.
- Web Server (Apache, Nginx, IIS)*
- PHP 7.0+
- GC and GC-Devel o MBString
- MariaDB (Preferred), MySQL, PostgreSQL, or SQL Server**
* The user account running the Web Server needs write access to the installation folder.
** If the database is hosted on another server, then the database port on that server will need to be opened and available.
- Tableau Server (9.0 or higher) or Tableau Online
- If using Portal user authentication:
- Tableau Administrator Account, Site Administrator or higher
(For REST API calls - Server Administrator preferred)
- Access from the Web Server to Tableau's front-end port
(Usually 80 or 443)
- Trusted Tickets (Preferred)